Use of the logo
Guidelines for the use of the Nordic logo
The logo must be used on all official publications from the Nordic Council of Ministers, the Nordic Council, the Nordic Culture Fund and all other official Nordic institutions. Other projects and co-operative bodies, when working in a 'Nordic' context, must also use the logo according to the design manual. The logo may not be copied or used by outsiders.
The correct and consistent use of the logo strengthens the Nordic organisations, institutions and projects by clearly showing the identity of the sender – both in Nordic and international contexts.
- The individual parts (the swan symbol and the logotype norden) must never be separated
- The logo's appearance must not be manipulated and it must not be incorporated into other symbols or graphic elements or form the background for other graphics or text
- Neither the swan symbol nor the swan may be used as a graphic element
- The respect distance must be observed
- The logo must be reproduced such that the 8 quills are visible. In print form there is therefore a minimum size for the logo which equates to the size of a business card (the swan symbol here will be 8.3 mm in diameter including the 'invisible' white ring around the swan)
- The logo looks best when left-aligned (with other text flushed with the 'n ' in the logotype 'norden') or otherwise right-aligned. The logo should not be centred
- The background for the logo should preferably be white
- If the logo has to be placed on other colours please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- When using the logo as a negative image, i.e. when it is not possible to place it on a white background, only 'norden' may be shown in negative. The swan symbol must remain unchanged (it has an 'invisible' white ring around it so it can be seen). The name of the institution may be negative (white) or positive (black). The negative logo cannot be downloaded, if this is required please contact email@example.com
- The logo is used in the colour blue (PMS 280 C, RGB 12, 37, 119 or CMYK 100, 72, 0, 18 (the typeset of the sending organisation must also be blue)
- The logo can also be used in a black/white version - but must not be used in other colours. The logo in a negative image cannot be downloaded - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Further rules for use can be found in the design manual.