The Social Democratic Group on the Nordic Council supports the development of the Nordic welfare model, the integration of the Nordic countries and a greater role for the Region in the global landscape.
- Policies that protect a fairer distribution of wealth, gender equality and the environment policy must be defended and developed.
- The experiences offered by popular movements and adult education organisations must be safeguarded.
- Democracy must be protected and expanded - especially in the adjacent territories.
- Xenophobia and racism must be tackled.
- Safe, good quality foodstuffs must be produced.
- Obstacles to cross-border freedom of movement for Nordic citizens must be eliminated.
- Active steps must be taken to preserve the Nordic Region's joint culture and language community.
- We must act together in international arenas to give the Nordic Region a stronger voice.
- We must develop co-operation with the Baltic States and Russia.
- The Nordic Council must build bridges between the enlarged EU and non-EU countries in Northern Europe.
- The Nordic Region must push for the prevention of conflict and the management of civil crises.