- Has strong analytical skills and statistical competences
- Experienced in management of data
- Interested in social and economic issues at regional and local level
- A PhD or similar qualifications in addition to at least two years of relevant work experience.
- A professional background in social sciences with emphasis on quantitative research, e.g. statistics, macroeconomics, business economics, economic geography, or an associated discipline.
- Experienced in extensive analytical, statistical work and research including
o Good knowledge in handling and managing large data-sets.
o Knowledge of programming in R, SPSS, SAS or other statistical/database programmes.
o Experienced in statistical methods, modelling, sampling methodology
- Some knowledge and understanding of regional development is a benefit.
- Interest in contributing to a green transition, green growth, and inclusive, equal and coherent Nordic.
- Able to disseminate complex results to a wide audience, including colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to network and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Experienced in fund raising, project development and project management.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to Nordregio’s goal of being an environmentally conscious, supportive and equal working place.
- Fluent in English, and, if not already fluent in a Scandinavian language, the willingness to acquire a working knowledge of Danish, Norwegian or Swedish within a short period of time.
WHAT WE OFFER
A full-time position from 1 February as a Senior Research Fellow. We offer competitive salaries and a contract with a maximum length of four years. Subject to further agreement, the contract can be extended for up to another four years. According to the agreement “Avtale om rettstilling for samnordiske institusjoner og deres ansatte”, you are entitled to a leave of absence from your present position for the duration of your employment at Nordregio if you are employed by the State in a Nordic country.
Nordregio is an international research centre for regional development and planning. We conduct solution-oriented and applied research, addressing current issues from both an academic perspective and from the viewpoint of policymakers and practitioners. Nordregio participates in European, Nordic and national research programs and carries out commissioned projects for different levels of government. We conduct case-studies in different regions, perform territorial analyses on a transnational and pan-European level, and undertake evaluations of various European and national programs.
We are a team of multidisciplinary, international people and our office is situated in attractive surroundings at Skeppsholmen in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden. The institute was established in 1997 by the Nordic Council of Ministers and is built on 50 years of Nordic collaboration.
Working at Nordregio provides you with the opportunity to become part of a truly international research environment. We offer significant career development potential in terms of enhancing your international network of contacts in both policy and academic fields, as well as an extensive experience with project management. You will also have rich opportunities to collaborate with regional and municipal stakeholders in the Nordic countries.
HOW TO APPLY
Upload your application, including a CV and references no later than 18 November 2019. Interviews will be carried out during the first week of December.
For further information, please contact:
• Director Kjell Nilsson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +46 72 300 88 57
• Research Director Karen Refsgaard, email: email@example.com phone:
+46 76 323 5338
• GIS: Head of GIS Julien Grunfelder, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone
+46 73 546 5893
• Nordregio, see www.nordregio.org
Senior Research Fellow with expertise in Quantitative Analysis and Data Management
Employment with a Nordic institution or partner
Director Kjell Nilsson email@example.com +46 72 300 88 57
Reserch Director Karen Refsgaard: firstname.lastname@example.org
+46 76 323 53 38
Head of GIS Julien Grunfelder email@example.com
+46 73 546 58 93