Nordregio is currently seeking to expand its capacity by adding new Junior Research Fellows to the team. In particular, we are looking for candidates with an educational background and/or experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Sustainable rural development (e.g. policy analysis and issues concerning challenges and opportunities for rural areas)
- Innovative and resilient regions (e.g. green transition, resilience, skills, welfare, smart specialisation, and digitalisation)
- Sustainable cities and urban planning (e.g. issues concerning transport, housing, public spaces, and planning systems)
- GIS (e.g. data collection from national statistical institutes and other geo-data sources, create maps)
- An MSc in a social science discipline aligned with at least one of the research fields above (e.g. economics, political science, sociology, geography, planning or similar).
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as the skills to work effectively in a cooperative research environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to take a creative approach to complex problems.
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to network and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and partner organisations.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to Nordregio’s goal of being an environmentally conscious, supportive and equal working place.
- Fluent in English, and, if not already fluent in a Scandinavian language, the willingness to acquire a working knowledge of Danish, Norwegian or Swedish within a short period of time.
- The geographic scope of your fields of interest includes in-depth knowledge of at least one Nordic country as well as a pan-European perspective.
- The position will be full time from 1 February 2020 or earlier. Nordregio offers competitive salaries and a contract with a maximum length of two years. Subject to further agreement, the contract can be extended for up to another six years. According to the agreement “Avtale om rettstilling for samnordiske institusjoner og deres ansatte”, you are entitled to a leave of absence from your present position for the duration of your employment at Nordregio if you are employed by the State in a Nordic country.
Nordregio is an international research centre for regional development and planning. We conduct solution-oriented and applied research, addressing current issues from both an academic perspective and from the viewpoint of policymakers and practitioners. Nordregio participates in European, Nordic and national research programs and carries out commissioned projects for different levels of government. We conduct case-studies in different regions, perform territorial analyses on a transnational and pan-European level, and undertake evaluations of various European and national programs.
We are a team of multidisciplinary, international people and our office is situated in attractive surroundings at Skeppsholmen in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden. The institute was established in 1997 by the Nordic Council of Ministers and is built on 50 years of Nordic collaboration.
Working at Nordregio provides you with the opportunity to become part of a truly international research environment. We offer significant career development potential in terms of enhancing your international network of contacts in both policy and academic fields, as well as an extensive experience with project management. You will also have rich opportunities to collaborate with regional and municipal stakeholders in the Nordic countries.
How to apply: Upload your application, including a CV and references no later than 18 November 2019. Interviews will be carried out during the first week of December.
For further information, please contact:
- Rural Development: Research Director Karen Refsgaard, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +46 77 323 5338
- Regional Innovation and Green Growth: Senior Research Fellow Jukka Teräs, email email@example.com or phone +46 70 243 8260
- Urban Planning and Development: Senior Research Fellow Moa Tunström, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +46 73 650 7019
- GIS: Head of GIS Julien Grunfelder, email: email@example.com or phone +46 73 546 5893
- For further information about Nordregio, see www.nordregio.org
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW WITHIN SUSTAINABLE REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN RURAL AND URBAN AREAS
Employment with a Nordic institution or partner
Research Director Karen Refsgaard firstname.lastname@example.org
+46 76 323 53 38
Senior Research Fellow Jukka Teräs email@example.com
+46 70 243 82 60
Senior Research Fellow Moa Tunström firstname.lastname@example.org
+46 73 650 70 19
Head of GIS Julien Grunfelder email@example.com
+46 73 546 58 93