Make us fall in love with your Nordic project!
Nordic Talks is a series of live talks and podcasts addressing the biggest global challenges. Through conversations with some of the brightest minds in the Nordics and their counterparts from around the world we want to inspire each other to act – for a better, more sustainable future.
Nordic Talks is designed to provide a space for contemplation and to share inspiration on how to take action on sustainability issues in our everyday lives. All Nordic Talks are dedicated to addressing the United Nations' 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and all talks provide specific ideas on how we as citizens can take concrete action starting today.
A Nordic Talk can take place anywhere in the world and anyone with a good idea for a talk can apply for funding. We welcome both online and offline events, and encourage both independently organised talks as well as plug-ins to existing events, such as festivals or conferences.
The idea behind The Nordics and our Nordic Talks concept is to re-think the usual concepts of place branding. Instead of showing The Nordics to the world – we are showing The Nordics in the world.
Our aim is to create a brand that shares its relevance with the world, shares how Nordic thinking has inspired so many people, and shows how Nordic values can work across borders, cultures and generations. Find out more on www.thenordics.com and www.nordictalks.com.
In short, we are looking for new creative partnerships and projects with a high level of international PR potential. Projects that will help leverage our strategy for the international branding and positioning of the Nordic Region – The Nordics.
We would like you to team up with other international and Nordic partners sharing the same idea, but even more importantly, we would like you to use and be part of our Nordic Talks concept.
Branding The Nordics is all about being inviting and inspiring, and starting new conversations with each other, as well as the world.
We’ll expect you to:
- Follow the four simple dogmas (see handbook).
- Be transparent with us and share information about your Nordic Talks so that we can help you promote your event across Social Media channels.
- Record the sound from your Nordic Talks event and send it to us.
The best recordings will be edited into professional podcast episodes by The Nordic Council of Ministers. The podcast will be shared with you along with material that makes it easy for you to share it with relevant stakeholders in your network. We will also promote the podcast featuring your Nordic Talk, if selected, making your talk heard by an even bigger audience.
We fund Nordic Talks all over the world. The focus is on projects that address the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) and embrace our shared Nordic values like equality, trust and innovation.
If you have the right project in mind and can see a potential in integrating Nordic Talks as part of your project, we can help fund your project and get your message out to the masses.
You can apply for three different grants: Small, Medium or Large. If you apply for a medium or a large grant, please note that you need to co-finance at least 50% of your project. For example, if you apply for a medium grant (100,000 DKK), you need to be able to come up with a minimum of 100,000 DKK either from your own pocket or from other grants. See our handbook for further information on the three different grants.
The short answer to this is; everyone. As long as you meet the criteria we have put forth. Previously we have had both internal (within Nordic co-operation) and external organisations, Nordic diplomatic missions abroad, NGOs, universities, companies, networks, and so on. However we like to think outside the box and are therefore welcoming all creative minds.
12th of February 2021, at 12 pm. You can expect to get an answer by the 8th of March, at the latest.
* Please make sure to apply well before your planned project takes place, as the administrative tasks can take some time.
The project needs to be finished by the 31st of March 2022.
Applicants must submit the application form and budget by using the application form on www.norden.org, on time, and in accordance with the instructions. The related appendixes and supporting documents must be attached. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Applications must be written in one of the Scandinavian languages (DK, SE, NO) or in English. A working group at Nordic Council of Ministers will process the applications.
Applications for projects that may be considered for funding will be contacted by the Nordic Council of Ministers to discuss possible adjustments to the project.
All applicants will be contacted directly with an approval or rejection of the application.
If the application is not approved:
We thank you for your application, and encourage you to use our event section and toolbox on The Nordics in that way we can still help spread the word about your Nordic project.
If the application is approved:
- After approval we will forward a draft contract, which may take up to 4 weeks from approval.
- Applicants must confirm the following no later than 1 week after approval: Bank information and project manager.
If approved the applicant is committed to use the Nordic Talks concept, fill out and get the Nordic Talks playbook approved by the Nordic Council of Ministers, and send the audio recordings from all Nordic Talks to the Nordic Council of Ministers.
Changes regarding your project
Significant changes in your project, in relation to the application submitted, must be approved in advance by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
You should also contact us if you pass formal responsibility for the project to any other party or parties, and if the project manager is replaced.
- Instalments are paid in response to requests via Nordic Council of Ministers´ project portal. You can request the first instalment when the contract is signed on both ends. Use the same username that you received with the contract.
- Funding will be paid in three instalments: 40 percent after signing of contract, 45 percent after approval of Nordic Talks Playbook and 15 percent will be paid when Nordic Council of Ministers has received audio recordings and have approved the projects final report including any audit. These must be submitted and uploaded via the project portal. Please note that you must request the first instalment strictly no later than the project completion date.
- All income and expenses for the entire project must be clearly stated in the accounts. The accounts must be signed by the project leader. All funding is allocated in Danish kroner (DKK). If the final accounts are not presented in DKK, it must be stated in the final accounts.
We advise you to look at the attached .pdf: "NordicTalks questions - not formal application" to see all questions before you start the application process, as there will be no option to save the application and then come back to complete it. We only accept applications via the official form and not through this sheet.