Rue Archimède 17
As the policy discussions on decarbonisation of maritime transport are gaining pace, Nordic experience and leadership in this field can help foster a European and global transition to zero emission shipping.
To understand the role of Nordic cooperation and EU Fit-for-55 package in green maritime transport, Mission of Norway to the EU and European Federation for Transport & Environment (T&E) is organising a dedicated maritime decarbonisation seminar in Brussels, including a panel discussion and a presentation of the Nordic roadmap for the introduction of sustainable zero-carbon fuels in shipping.
The Norwegian Minister of Climate and Environment, Espen Barth Eide, will open the seminar with a key note.
The seminar will also be accessible online.
National level – how do the Nordic governments promote green shipping?
- Rolf Einar Fife, Norwegian Ambassador to the EU
- Espen Barth Eide, Norwegian Minister of Climate and Environment
- Terhi Lehtonen, State Secretary Ministry of the Environment of Finland
- Rikke Wetter Olufsen, Danish Maritime Authority
Regional level - Nordic cooperation on green shipping
- Nathaniel Fritiof, DNV
- Jakob Steffensen, DFDS
- Marte Tyldum, Kongsberg Maritime
- Kaj Portin, Wärtsilä
European level – what is happening with the maritime Fit for 55 files and how can the Nordic experience contribute to the European debate?
- MEP Jytte Guteland, S&D
- MEP Jörgen Warborn, EPP
- Damien Meadows, EU Commission (DG CLIMA)
- Faig Abbasov, Transport and Environment
- Fanny Lossy, ECSA
Moderator: Aoife O’Leary, Opportunity Green