The Nordic countries are often placed at the top of global rankings when it comes to the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Much of the success stems from the system of strong local governance in the Nordic Region. OECD estimates that two-thirds of the Sustainable Development Goals can only be achieved at the regional and local levels. Hence, you got the keys to the SDGs! By learning from each other, improving leadership and trying a more systematic approach, we can unlock more doors. The webinars will take place on Wednesday afternoons, 13.00-14.30 (CET) with the possibility to have follow-up meetings with speakers and other municipalities & regions 14.30-15.00 (CET). The programme is continuously updated.
27 January: Sustainable consumption and production: procurements and public-private agreements for a green and just transition of markets (SDG12)
Further information will follow soon.
The series will focus on the following themes:
- 2 December: Climate mitigation and adaptation: Examples of Nordic climate action (SDG13, SDG17)
- 9 December: Digital solutions to increase access to public services (SDG10)
- 13 January: Planning for equal rights: integrating gender and youth perspectives in SDG work (SDG5, SDG 10)
- 10 February: Planning for sustainable housing and green cities: can physical structures change our behaviours? (SDG11)
- 17 February: Monitoring and evaluation of the SDGs: indicators and revisions for enhanced efficacy in the Nordic countries (all goals)
In 2018, Nordregio started mapping Nordic municipalities and looking for frontrunners in Agenda 2030 implementation, commissioned by the Nordic Council of Ministers. 27 municipalities were identified and their actions described in the report Global goals for local priorities: The 2030 Agenda at local level . A year later, Nordregio hosted a knowledge-sharing event for municipalities and regions. Based on that, we wrote a Policy Brief: Agenda 2030 and SDGs at the local level – a brief start-up guide (below).
This webinar series builds on Nordregio’s previous work and meets the request from Nordic municipalities to hold annual events on Agenda 2030 measures and monitoring.