In spring 2016, the ministers for Nordic co-operation decided to make the integration of refugees and immigrants a top priority. A co-operation programme has now been adopted
and a pool of money earmarked for projects in all of the Nordic countries.
The purpose of the programme is to support national efforts by bolstering Nordic co-operation on the integration of refugees and immigrants, by encouraging the countries to share experiences and by generating new knowledge.
The new programme outlines a series of milestones on the way to achieving this overall objective:
- Spreading and sharing Nordic knowledge and experiences of integration
- Bringing together the official agencies and stakeholders in the Nordic countries who deal with integration, including ministries, boards, official agencies, local authorities, regional authorities, practitioners, experts and civil society
- Supporting ongoing integration work in the Nordic countries.
As part of the co-operation programme, the Nordic institution Nordregio will help set up a knowledge and information unit at the Nordic Welfare Centre, another Nordic institution in Stockholm. The programme also includes a major research project on integration and closer political co-operation in the Nordic Council of Ministers on integration issues.
- DKK 1.8 million was earmarked for 2016.
- DKK 3 million was earmarked for 2017.
- DKK 2.8 million was earmarked for 2018.
- DKK 4.5 million has been earmarked for 2019.
Applications may be submitted at any time.
Submit your application to Senior Advisor Catrine Bangum, [email@example.com] cc. til Coordinator Kristina Marie Jensen [firstname.lastname@example.org] .
Download the application forms from the link below.