Authorisation in Sweden

Autorisation i Sverige
Read about how you can obtain authorisation to work in Sweden in a regulated profession if you have an educational qualification from another Nordic country.

Some professions are regulated by law in Sweden. This means you need authorisation to work in Sweden.

The Department of Qualifications Recognition at the Swedish Council for Higher Education (Universitets- och högskolerådet, UHR) is ENIC-NARIC Sweden. The task of ENIC-NARIC Sweden is to evaluate and recognise higher education qualifications from other countries for the labour market.

At ENIC-NARIC Sweden you can find out what you must do to get your foreign qualification recognised when you apply for work in professions that do not require authorisation (ej reglerat yrke), professions that require authorisation or similar (reglerat yrke), and professions with special sector requirements.

You can find more information about recognition of foreign qualifications for working in Sweden on the website of the Swedish Council for Higher Education.

Recognition of educational qualifications in the Nordic region

The Nordic countries have a co-operation network, Nordic National Recognition Information Centres (NORRIC), for recognition of Nordic educational qualifications. You can find information about this and contact information to all the Nordic offices that evaluate and recognise educational qualifications on the NORRIC website.

Ask Info Norden

If you have any questions, please fill in our contact form.

NB! If you have questions regarding the processing of a specific case or application, or other personal matters, please contact the relevant authority directly.

Info Norden is the information service of the Nordic Council of Ministers. Here you can find info and tips if you wish to move, work, study, seek support or start a business in the Nordic region.