Recognition of foreign diplomas in Åland

Kockar i arbete
Yadid Levy/
Here you can read about how to get your foreign diploma recognised in Åland. You can also read about validation in Åland and what the procedure for this is in Åland.

For more detailed information on this read the section Recognition of foreign qualifications in Finland.

If you move to Åland with a diploma you may need to apply to have your diploma or education made equivalent with a corresponding education in Åland/Finland. You can contact the education department at the Government of Åland for recognition of a foreign diploma. In the case of health care occupations, you should contact Valvira, who make decisions on the right to practice your profession within health care. You can contact Ålands Gymnasium for validation. Validation can result in a diploma or a partial diploma.

More information

Contac the authorities

If you have questions about validation of foreign university and college diplomas, you can contact the education department of the Government of Åland

Ask Info Norden

Please fill in our contact form if you have any questions or if you have encountered an obstacle in another Nordic country.

NB! If you have questions regarding the processing of a specific case or application, or other personal matters, please contact the relevant authority directly.

Info Norden is the information service of the Nordic Council of Ministers. Here you can find info and tips if you wish to move, work, study, seek support or start a business in the Nordic region.