Transferring unemployment insurance periods from Finland

Työttömyysvakuutuskausien siirto Suomesta
Here you will find information on how to transfer your unemployment insurance period from Finland to another country if you go to work abroad.

Transferring previous insurance periods to another country

To ensure that you have unemployment security in your new home country and to avoid unnecessarily being insured twice you can transfer your employment history with you to the new country. Insurance periods are transferred using form U1 available from unemployment funds or Kela. The right to combine insurance and employment periods acquired in different countries applies to both employees and self-employed persons. A similar form is needed if you return to Finland when your employment ends.

More information from Employment and Economic Development Offices, Kela or unemployment funds.

Ask Info Norden

If you have any questions, please fill in our contact form.

NB! If you have questions regarding the processing of a specific case or application, or other personal matters, please contact the relevant authority directly.

Info Norden is the information service of the Nordic Council of Ministers. Here you can find info and tips if you wish to move, work, study, seek support or start a business in the Nordic region.