Grant financing can be awarded to partnerships between Nordic non-commercial institutions, organisations or authorities on regional and municipal levels, and their corresponding qualified partners located in Northwest Russia.
PECC is financed by the Nordic Council of Ministers and managed by the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO).
The new call will open in end of January 2020, but you can register your interest already now.
Main sectors for this open call are:
• Use of renewable energy sources
• Energy saving and improved energy-efficiency
• Cleaner production and sustainable consumption
• Sustainable city and land-use planning
• Protection of nature
• Waste management and hazardous waste
Projects considered will mainly be situated within these sectors:
• Building networks
• Disseminating information
• Improving capacity
• Investing in equipment, technology and infrastructure
The projects shall contribute to:
• Preventing and reducing pollution
• Reducing emissions of greenhouse gases and ozone-depleting substances
• Improving biodiversity and protecting endangered species
• Increasing capacity for dealing with ecological disasters and emergencies
The Programme for Environment and Climate Co-operation (PECC), managed by the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO), provides grant financing, with co-financing requirements, to encourage and promote Nordic-Russian non-commercial co-operation projects addressing environment and climate at regional and local levels in Northwest Russia.
The purpose is to improve environment and climate in Northwest Russia and indirectly lead to improvements in the Nordic and Baltic countries and the whole Barents Region.
The programme forms part of the Nordic Council of Ministers’ (NCM) latest efforts to co-operate with Russia, as adopted by the Ministers for Nordic Co-operation at the start of 2016.