In 2030, the Nordics have the world’s most competitive, innovative, and consumer-oriented electricity market, that contributes to reaching the ambitious Nordic climate goals.
Are you passionate about the future of the Nordic Electricity Market?
Nordic Energy Research (NER) is looking for an advisor/senior advisor to support the work of the Nordic Electricity Market Group (EMG). EMG is a working group under the auspices of the Nordic Council of Ministers. The group commissions analyses and provides advice to the Energy Ministers of the Nordic countries to further enhance the functioning of the Nordic Electricity market. The working group consists of experts from the Ministries and energy authorities of Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden – the four Nordic countries participating in the common Nordic electricity market.
In 2018 a new Vision and an accompanying Action Plan for the Nordic Electricity Market was initiated. The Vision was formulated based on input from representatives of the various electricity market stakeholders and adopted by the Nordic Energy Ministers at their annual meeting in June 2019.
In addition, working groups were established to advance various tasks towards the Vision and regularly revise the Action Plan according to new developments and progresses made.
Nordic Energy Research serves in a secretariat function for the EMG, and we are supporting their work towards the new Vision. We are looking to hire a highly driven electricity market enthusiast to be responsible for this assignment.
Your work tasks:
- Secretarial functions for the EMG and the Vision Coordination Group
- Preparing EMG documentation and reporting for, e.g. ministerial meetings and the Nordic Council of Ministers
- Management of consulting projects and tender processes
- Following up on Vision progress and updating the Vision’s Action Plan
- Plan and implement the annual Electricity Market Forum, in collaboration with the EMG
- Developing and coordinating new ideas for activities progressing towards the Vision, in cooperation with the EMG
- Convening relevant actors for collective action and efforts to promote and progress towards the Vision
- Keep up to date on related activities and developments of external actors
- Keep up to date on research and innovation in relevant fields
Profile and requirement specifications:
We are looking for you who have:
- Relevant academic education and/or background
- Good writing and oral language skills in at least one Scandinavian language (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish), and in English
- The ability to stay up to date on innovation, research and activities concerning cutting edge development in energy and electricity markets
- Excellent coordination and administration skills
- Service mindedness and motivation to provide first-rate secretarial support
- The ability to spot new ways and initiate new ideas for going forward
- A strong drive and fortitude to propel the Nordic electricity market towards the set Vision
In addition, it is desirable that you have:
- A sound knowledge of energy markets and especially the Nordic electricity market
- A strong network with and overview over the various Nordic electricity market stakeholders
- International experience, especially with Nordic cooperation, is an advantage, in addition to experience with governmental administration
- Good social and diplomatic skills, as well as a good understanding of roles and processes in a politically led organization
We offer you:
- An exciting job at the intersection of politics, strategy, research, and energy
- A position in a competent academic environment with good opportunities for influence
- Highly educated, welcoming, and motivated colleagues from all the Nordic countries
Nordic Energy Research helps to create the knowledge base for achieving the Nordic region's goals. We are an institution under the Nordic Council of Ministers (NCM), which manages and finances international research programs and projects that add value to national work in the Nordic countries. In addition, we perform certain secretariat functions within energy policy cooperation under the NCM. NER is located in Oslo and has 17 employees from all the Nordic countries.
This position is employed based on Norwegian terms and with membership of the Norwegian pension scheme for public employees. The workplace is Oslo and some travel activities must be expected. The daily working language is Scandinavian.
The vacancy is a fixed-term employment for four years with the possibility of an extension for up to a further four years in accordance with the Nordic Council's guidelines. Public employees in the Nordic countries have the right to take a leave from their position, to work at NER. Employees employed from a country other than Norway are entitled to a subsidy in connection with relocating from their home country.
When candidates are selected, NER strives for the staff to reflect the Nordic population and for us to have a balance in age and gender.
If you want to know more about the position, you can contact COO Fanney Frisbæk, telephone + 47 950 12 450 / E-mail email@example.com, or read more about Nordic Energy Research at www.nordicenergy.org.
Advisor / Senior Advisor