The Nordic countries are often trail blazers, and lead the way in transforming healthcare to meet the challenges of the future. Due to a well-developed and well-organised health and welfare system, the Region is able to offer tailored and innovative welfare solutions in fields that cover not only health and welfare but also architecture, (service) design and digital solutions – to name but a few. Many of these new solutions promote environmental, economic and social sustainability. We believe that Nordic Welfare Solutions will help the world make progress toward a number of the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goals: SDG 3 (ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages), SDG 9 (build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation), and SDG 12 (ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns).
Nordic Welfare Solutions will present Nordic solutions to the rest of the world and:
- Promote progress toward the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Boost exports of Nordic products and solutions
- Strengthen networks of Nordic exporters (value chains)
- Create a strong brand and story about Nordic Welfare Solutions
- Enhance knowledge of innovative Nordic health and welfare solutions.
Nordic Welfare Solutions is part of the prime ministers’ initiative, Nordic Solutions to Global Challenges. Launched in September 2016, it covers the period 2017–19 and is based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Mona Truelsen, Project Manager, [email@example.com]