- Sustainable rural development
- Innovative and resilient regions
- Sustainable cities and urban planning
- Relevant topics: e.g. housing, planning, transport, green transition, inclusion, skills, digitalization, health, food, etc. – but which have relevance for sustainable rural development.
- The position as Research Fellow requires a master’s degree (300 ECTS) or equivalent. The degree should be in a social science discipline aligned with at least one of the research fields above (e.g. economics, political science, sociology, geography, planning or similar).
- A Research Fellow is expected to have at least two years of relevant experience in research or practice after graduation.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as the skills to work effectively in a cooperative research environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to take a creative approach to complex problems.
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to network and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to Nordregio’s goal of being an environmentally conscious, supportive and equal working place.
- Fluent in English and a Scandinavian language, preferably Faroese/Danish.
- The geographic scope of your fields of interest includes in-depth knowledge of at least one Nordic country as well as a pan-European perspective.
- Participate in and/or lead research projects using the Nordregio project model
- Participate in tendering
- Work independently with collection and processing of data and with tasks of a practical and administrative character.
- Perform analyses of different kinds and to write reports under the guidance of a more experienced researcher.
- Conduct field trips within Nordregio’s geographical focus areas.
- Disseminate Nordregio research in a variety of for a, oral and written.
- Involve yourself in the Nordregio working environment.
- The position will be full time from 1 January 2023 subject to agreement. Nordregio offers competitive salaries and a contract with a maximum length of two years. Subject to further agreement, the contract can be extended for up to another six years. According to the agreement “Avtale om rettstilling for samnordiske institusjoner og deres ansatte”, you are entitled to a leave of absence from your present position for the duration of your employment at Nordregio if you are employed by the State in a Nordic country.
Nordregio is an international research institute for regional development and planning. We conduct solution-oriented and applied research, addressing current issues from both an academic perspective and from the viewpoint of policymakers and practitioners. Nordregio participates in European, Nordic and national research programs and carries out commissioned projects for different levels of government. We conduct case-studies in different regions, perform territorial analyses on a transnational and pan-European level, and undertake evaluations of various European and national programs.
We are a team of multidisciplinary, international people and our office is situated in attractive surroundings at Skeppsholmen in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden. The institute was established in 1997 by the Nordic Council of Ministers and is built on 50 years of Nordic collaboration.
Working at Nordregio provides you with the opportunity to become part of a truly international research environment. We offer significant career development potential in terms of enhancing your international network of contacts in both policy and academic fields, as well as an extensive experience with project management. You will also have rich opportunities to collaborate with regional and municipal stakeholders in the Nordic countries.
How to apply: Upload your application, including a CV and references at https://www.norden.org
no later than 30 October 2022. Interviews will be carried out during the first weeks of November.
For further information, please contact:
Title: Research fellow
Application Deadline: 30 October 2022
Employment conditions: Nordic conditions
Job Category: Employment with a Nordic institution or partner
Research Fellow within sustainable regional development
Employment with a Nordic institution or partner
Research Director Karen Refsgaard, firstname.lastname@example.org
+46 76 323 53 38
Union Representative Agust Bogason, email@example.com
+46 70 758 35 27
for further information about Nordregio, see www.nordregio.org