Ministry of Finance
Mariankatu 9 /Mariegatan 9
This seminar on Financial Regulation and Macroeconomic Stability in the Nordics discusses how stable our financial markets are today and choices that Nordic policymakers in the fields of monetary and financial policy have to make. Leading Nordic academics present analyses of these issues that are to be published in the Nordic Economic Policy Review. The analyses will be commented by both academic experts and practitioners from central banks, ministries of finance and financial markets.
The seminar will address questions like:
- How great are the risks of new financial shocks in the world economy?
- How resilient is the Nordic financial sector against such shocks?
- To what extent should monetary policy take credit growth and rising real estate prices into account?
- How stringent macroprudential rules are needed to limit household debt?
- Will EU bail-in rules help mitigate or will they exacerbate financial crises if they arise?
- Which are the pros and cons of membership in the EU’s banking union?