Watch the live broadcast here:
Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has triggered one of the fastest growing refugee crises since World War II.
Individuals, civil society, and civil servants are preparing to receive refugees fleeing the war and there is a real willingness to help.
But how should we act to receive this new wave of refugees in the best possible way? What can we learn from 2015? And what can we learn from our Nordic neighbours when it comes to housing, language learning, and the acceptance of unaccompanied children and children in general into families?
- Olli Sorainen, justice of the supreme administrative court, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Elizabeth Harjunpää, director, Ukrainalaisten
- Yhdistys Suomessa ry:n/Ukrainian Association in Finland
- Mervi Kaukko, assistant professor, University of Tampere
- Abdirahim Husu Hussein, CEO, Moniheli
- Krista Mikkonen, Minister of the Interior, Green League
Moderator: Antonia Berg, journalist, MTV3