Arvamusfestival 2022: Navigating next gen technologies for culture
Telia’s stage of ‘Digital Smarts’ (Digitarkuse)
There is no denying the fact that a revolution is underway. Web3, the Internet of Things, the metaverse, virtual and augmented reality, they’re all part of it.
The same sort of shift is happening in culture as well: art’s becoming digital, investors are buying NFT artworks and galleries are going virtual.
That’s why it’s important to discuss what these new business models are like, how to manage cultural organisations in the future and what will become of art.
- Indrek Kasela, investor and galerist, Estonia
- Indrek Ibrus, Professor of media innovation, Baltic Film, Media and Arts School (BFM), Tallinn University, Estonia
- Erwin Laiho, 3D Designer, Model-Maker & Sculpture, NFT artist, Finland
- Haavard Tveito, Norwegian architect and musician, founder of Nifrost.art,; a new Scandinavian digital gallery for NFT art, Norway
- Xenia Joost, Fashion Designer, Estonia
Moderator: Sten-Kristjan Saluveer, Media & Tech Strategist, Estonia