Monocle’s “The Foreign Desk” has teamed up with the Nordic Council of Ministers for a new series of five special episodes that delve deeper into sustainability issues and other topics of global importance from the region.
This episode looks at green transport. Tune in to discover how the Nordics are electrifying everything from ferries to planes, and hear how a certain Swedish environmental campaigner has persuaded her compatriots to shift to long-distance trains.
Tune into The Foreign Desk (link below) for new insights from Michael Booth and his brilliant line-up of guests:
- Knut Arild Hareide, Norway’s former Minister of Transport and Communications. From 1 January 2022: Head of the Norwegian Maritime Directorate
- Kristian Djurhuus, CEO of Forsea (Helsingør Ferry)
- Anne Larilahti, Finnair’s Head of Sustainability
- Krista Mikkonen, Finland’s Minister of the Environment and Climate Change
- Ivar Karlsson, Head of a railway travel agency in Sweden
- Christian Andersen, Chief Engineer at Maersk Line
Please note that this podcast is only available in English.