Attend an evening event featuring an interactive mending workshop and insightful keynotes. Gain a deeper understanding of the destructive impacts of fast fashion on both our planet and its people. Join us in taking a step towards a more sustainable and mindful approach to fashion.
The event will be lived streamed from The Nordic House in Reykjavik.
- Martin Stenfors, Head of Sustainability and Strategy at Renewcell – the winner of the Nordic Council Environment Prize 2023, will tell us about Renewcell‘s groundbreaking solution for recycling and reusing textile waste for use in new clothes.
- Icelandic textile artist Ýrúrarí will showcase the needle felting technique, illustrating a creative approach to textile repair. Bring your own clothing that you want to mend!
- Åsa Guldbrandsen, advisor at Framtiden i våre hender Norge, provides insights on youth engagement and necessary policies.
- Emily Richey Stavrand, Umhverfissinnar, discusses the human cost of fast fashion.
- Sustainability specialist Tinna Hallgrímsdóttir will lead a panel debate and engage the audience in the discussion.
Fundet by The Nordic Council of Ministers