How do we combat sexual harassment in the Judiciary?
Nordic Culture Point
Watch the LIVE streaming here:
At this lunch seminar we reflect with representatives from the Nordic judiciary field about what have happened after #metoo and what still needs to be done to stop sexual harassment at workplaces. We also release Handbook on Combating Sexual Harassment in the Judiciary - Practical tips and methods for a safer workplace that introduces the reader to sexual harassment in the Nordic judiciary, presents practical approaches for work around sexual harassment and offers concrete tips for preventing sexual harassment at both an individual and structural level. The handbook is aimed at all employees in the judiciary but can also be used as inspiration within other industries and authorities.
Lunch 11.30-12.00 (EET)
Seminar 12.00-13.00: (EET)
- Opening of the seminar
- Paula Lehtomäki (live video from Copenhagen), Secretary General, Nordic Council of Ministers
- Short presentation of Handbook on Combating Sexual Harassment in the Judiciary - Practical tips and methods for a safer workplace:
- Maria Normann, criminologist and co-author of the handbook
- Short-film (advertisement of the handbook)
- Reflections on what has changed after #metoo and what is still needed for a fundamental change in the judicial system regarding sexual harassment in the Nordics.
- Fredrik Bodenstam, Director of the Swedish Secretariat for Gender Research at the University of Gothenburg
- Åsa Erlandsson, Partner and Lawyer, Setterwalls
- Maria Normann, criminologist and co-author
- Karen-Margrethe Schebye, Partner SJ law, Denmark
Moderator: Malin Gustavsson, Diversity Expert, co-author of the handbook, Finland
- Anna-Maija Henriksson, Minister of Justice, Finland
- Thomas Blomqvist, Minister of Nordic Cooperation and Equality , Finland