LIVE from 10:30 on 16 August:
Russia’s invasion of Ukraine – what is the Nordic Region doing?
The Russian invasion of Ukraine is disrupting the entire international security order. The Nordic countries are also significantly affected by the Russian aggression and have been forced to look at the security situation in the Baltic Sea region and Northern Europe in a completely new way.
Among other things, the Norwegian government has decided to contribute up to NOK 2 billion to humanitarian efforts, in addition to providing military aid and asylum.
But how should the joint reaction of the Nordic countries be to the Russian aggression, and what measures should the Nordic countries take to ensure peace and stability in our region?
- Espen Stedje, Secretary General, the Nordic Association
- Jan-Erik Enestam, Former Minister of Defence, Finland
- Tormod Heier, Professor of Military Strategy and Operations, Norwegian Armed Forces
- Eirik Kristoffersen, Chief of Defence, Norwegian Armed Forces
- Jorodd Asphjell, Nordic Council
- Hårek Elevenes, Norwegian parliament representative in the Foreign Affairs and Defence Committee, and Høyre’s defence spokesperson
Moderator: André H. Jamholt, Nordic Council of Ministers
Organiser: Nordic Council of Ministers