9:30 - 9:50 Morning Talk with Dr. Afton Halloran
Dr. Afton Halloran, Freelance consultant in Sustainable Food Systems Transitions
10:00 - 11:15 Nordic Innovative Solutions for Smart Cities
Today more than half of the world population lives in towns and cities. Most of the environmental challenges facing our societies are concentrated to urban areas. During this event, a couple of Nordic companies will present their solutions on how to make our cities smarter and greener. The smart city is a city with an open mind. In smart cities, innovations, digitalization together with environmental and climate friendly technologies create opportunities for meeting society’s challenges in an efficient and sustainable way.
Nordic Embassies in Poland
12:00 - 13:00 Circularity city - City of Tomorrow: How to Use Circular Economy as an Innovation Tool in the Municipalities for Strengthening Capacity for Systemic Innovation
The session aim to simulate a discussion about how agile cities play an active role in promoting sustainable consumption as well as production and discuss from concrete cases what different cities are doing and how other people can start the journey on using circular economy as a planning tool.
14:30 - 16:00 Urban Urgency: Food Policy at Play - Sharing Insight Into What Works
A living policy lab, defining how cities of the future will expedite the impactful changes to consumption patterns that we so urgently need.
Pitchers – Pitching new ideas for urban food policy
- Dr. Christina Tirado – Director of International Climate Initiatives at the Center for Urban Resilience, Loyola Marymount University, USA
- Joan Krajewski – General Manager of Compliance, Safety and Sustainability at Microsoft
- David Pedersen – Campaign Manager, ProVeg Germany
Catchers – Catching new ideas and assessing their future applicability
- Jisun Hwang – Senior Climate Advocacy and Policy Officer based at the ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability World Secretariat
- Dr. Tania Osejo – Climate Adaptation Specialist at the World Food Programme
- Gunilla Elsässer – Director of Food, Climate & Energy at WWF Sweden
- Dr. Afton Halloran – Freelance consultant in Sustainable Food Systems Transitions
Hosted by: Nordic Food Policy Lab
16:15 - 16:45 Afternoon Brief with Charlotte Breen
Charlotte Breen, Project Manager, Business & Innovation, C40
17:00 - 19:00 ReCharge mingle with Nordic Food Policy Lab
If it's not tasty, it's not a solution! Join the Nordic Food Policy Lab to celebrate the end of the first week of COP24. We're serving refreshments and climate-smart snacks - so bring a friend and get ready to mix and mingle with us. Cheers to creative and refreshing climate action!