The event time is GMT
SEC Centre, Hall 4
Two global crises are interlinked: biodiversity loss and climate change. Actions to mitigate one should not worsen the other.
Join us for two interactive panel debates considering examples that require the balancing of needs as well as win-win action for both climate and nature with the participation of policy makers and experts.
First: A panel debate on the dilemma of balancing conservation and protection biodiversity whilst building offshore wind parks.
Second: A speaker from IPBES Denmark will share 8 cases and 10 policy options from the Nordic countries, proving that Nature-based solutions offer a way forward. We conclude with a panel discussion on the subject with panelists from IUCN (Europe), Miljødirektoratet (Norway) and others.
- H.E. MS Krista Mikkonen, Minister of the Environment and Climate Change, Finland
The dilemma of offshore windfarms and nature
- Dean Cooper, Global lead - Energy transition WWF
- Nadia Gullestrup Christensen, Danish Youth Delegate to the UN for Environment and Climate
- Morten Dyrholm, Senior Vice President, Vestas
- Tomas Anker Christensen, Climate Ambassador, Denmark
- Yuri Artioli, Lead of the Climate Science to Impact Challenge at Plymouth Marine Laboratory
8 cases from the Nordic countries - proving that Nature-based Solutions pay off
- Lars Dinesen, IPBES Denmark
Nature-based solutions panel:
- Daisy Hessenberger, International Union of Conservation of Nature, IUCN
- Øyvind Christophersen, Norwegian Environment Agency
- Halldór Thorgeirsson, Icelandic Climate Council, Iceland
Organizer: 'Nordic Working Group on Biodiversity, NBM', under the Nordic Council of Ministers and 'Nature Based Solution Vision 2030 Project' under the Nordic Council of Ministers
Online access to all events
No accreditation to COP26? Don’t worry. All events will be streamed by our media partner, We Don’t Have Time. Follow this event live on their COP26 streaming hub: