SEC Centre, Hall 4
This is a joint event between the Nordic Pavilion in Glasgow and the Nordic COP26 Hub in Helsinki
You’ll find the Nordic COP26 Hub at Nordic Culture Point, Kajsaniemenkatu 9, Helsinki.
Join us on site at these times:
Glasgow time: 14.00 - 14.50
Helsinki time: 16.00 - 16.50
Effective conservation, restoration and management of wetlands, including peatlands, holds enormous potential to contribute to climate adaptation and mitigation, and conservation of biodiversity. Here, policy makers and experts from Scotland and Arctic states will explore the challenges and opportunities that are emerging as we collectively seek to protect and restore these crucial ecosystems.
- Tobias Salathe, Ramsar secretariat
- Mairi McAllan, Scottish Government – Minister for Environment and Land Reform
- Gustaf Hugelius, CAFF/University of Stockholm
- Terhi Lehtonen, State Secretary, Ministry for the Environment, Government of Finland
- Andrew Coupar, NatureScot – Policy and Advice Manager, Uplands and Peatlands
Organizer: Scottish Government
Others involved: NatureScot, CAFF (Conservation of Arctic Flora and Fauna), The Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
Online access to all events
Not in Glasgow or Helsinki? Don’t worry. All events will be streamed by our media partner, We Don’t Have Time. Follow this event live on their COP26 streaming hub: