Health insurance while studying in Iceland

Sjúkratrygging við nám á Íslandi
It is important to acquaint yourself well with your right to health insurance before travelling abroad to study.

Students in the Nordic countries who come to Iceland during their studies can request to be temporarily insured during their stay in Iceland. You must submit an application for temporary health insurance (see application forms on the website of Icelandic Health Insurance), together with confirmation of your study programme to obtain health insurance during your stay in Iceland.

Contact the authorities
Ask Info Norden

If you have any questions, please fill in our contact form.

NB! If you have questions regarding the processing of a specific case or application, or other personal matters, please contact the relevant authority directly.

Info Norden is the information service of the Nordic Council of Ministers. Here you can find info and tips if you wish to move, work, study, seek support or start a business in the Nordic region.