Stories from New York, the Netherlands, and Poland. It’s time to establish a Nordic team for the globalisation of the circular economy.
Nordic Innovation and Nordic Circular Hotspot have long been working to promote circular transformation by bringing the Nordic countries together. During Arendal Week, you can meet the rebels and innovators who we’ve met on our journey – people who dare to challenge old mindsets and established structures.
We’ll also hear from McKinsey and their recent report “Norge i morgen”, which highlights circular business models and business opportunities that could become the fourth largest export opportunity in Norway by 2030. However, if we’re to succeed in this, we must connect our circular diplomacy, use trade channels, and include those who dare to think outside the box.
In this session on the circular economy, authorities, the embassy network, industry, and the construction sector will share their experiences and thoughts on the matter. You’ll hear from those who have already got things underway and who are taking the lead in the circular transformation in various ways. We’ll find out how they’ve established interdisciplinary interaction and cross-sectoral structures which transcend the boundaries of industries, cities, and countries.
- Sjoerd Smit, Acting Head of Station, Dutch Embassy in Norway and Iceland
- Inger Johanne Wiese, Head of the Working Group for Circular Economy at the Norwegian Ministry of Climate and Environment
- Daniel Bjarmann-Simonsen, Regional Director, NHO Nordland
- Kathrin Jacobsen, Head of Research, Skills and Internationalisation, Vestland County Council
- Kristian Mjøen, Head of Centre for Sustainable Development, Bærekraftssenteret in Trondheim
- Bjarni Herrera, Executive in Sustainable Finance, CICERO Shades of Green
- Marthe Haugland, Senior Innovation Adviser Nordic Innovation
- Einar Kleppe Holthe, Managing Partner, Nordic Circular Hotspot & Founder Natural State
Moderator: Cathrine Bart, Founder and Managing Partner Nordic Circular Hotspot & Partner and Head of Circular Economy Natural State.
Organisers: Nordic Innovation, Nordic Circular Hotspot
Lena Henriksson, Head of Communications, Nordic Innovation, +47 91138654, firstname.lastname@example.org