In Glasgow, parliamentarians, ministers and young climate leaders take part in a ‘tour de table’. In Helsinki, youth representatives discuss their experiences and demands for political action. Finally, takeaways will be shared between the two sites through link.
SEC Centre, Hall 4
This is a partly joint event between the Nordic Pavilion in Glasgow and the Nordic COP26 Hub in Helsinki
You’ll find the Nordic COP26 Hub at Nordic Culture Point, Kajsaniemenkatu 9, Helsinki.
Join us on site at these times:
Glasgow time: 9.30 - 11.00
Helsinki time: 11.30 - 13.00
Major policy reforms are required to become frontrunners in decarbonisation. Have Nordic politicians responded with the necessary urgency and how can the Nordic Region become a permanent and global showcase for climate solutions? Welcome to a debate on climate solutions and political commitment.
Glasgow: Ms. Annette Lind, Vice-President of the Nordic Council, Denmark
Helsinki: Ms. Anu Vehviläinen, Speaker of the Finnish Parliament, Finland
Presentation of the global report on climate change from the IPCC, by Mr. Oras Tynkkynen, Senior Advisor, Sustainability solutions, Sitra, Finland. Streamed from Glasgow.
Moderators and keylisteners
- Mr. Magnus Ek, member of the Nordic Council and Chair of the Committee for a Sustainable Nordic Region
- Ms. Tinna Hallgrímsdóttir, UN Youth delegate for Sustainable Development and Chair of the Icelandic Youth Environmentalist Association, Iceland.
- Ms. Paula Lehtomäki, Secretary General, Nordic Council of Ministers
- Mr. Guðmundur Ingi Guðbrandsson, Minister for the Environment and Natural Resources, Iceland
- Ms. Annika Lepistö, Nordic Youth Biodiversity Network & founding member of Regeneration2030, Åland
Organizer: Nordic Council
Online access to all events
Not in Glasgow or Helsinki? Don’t worry. All events will be streamed by our media partner, We Don’t Have Time. Follow this event live on their COP26 streaming hub: