A20 - Nordisk Ministerråd og Nordisk Råd
The internationally renowned Icelandic textile artist Ýr Jóhannesdóttir in collaboration with the Nordic Council Environment Prize will demonstrate the repair technique called needle felting, a creative and personal technique suitable for knitted or soft fabrics that is incredibly easy to learn.
“It's almost like painting or sculpting with wool,” explains Ýrúrarí.
The Environment Prize 2023 highlights solutions capable of pushing the textile industry in a more sustainable direction. The workshop will include presentations on circularity in the clothing and textile industry, e.g. with focus on the enormous social, environmental and climate challenges facing the industry.
- Ýr Jóhannesdóttir, Textile Artist, Ýrúrarí
- Tanja Gotthardsen, Advisor, Continual CSR
- Anja Bakken Riise, Executive Director of The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
- Marianne Holmer, member of the Adjudication Committee for the Nordic Council Environment Prize
- Silja Elvarsdóttir, Project Manager, Nordic Council Environment Prize