The Foreign Desk: The Nordic phoenix effect – time to re-establish community
Monocle’s “The Foreign Desk” has teamed up with the Nordic Council of Ministers for a new series of five special episodes that delve deeper into sustainability issues and other topics of global importance from the region.
The refugee crisis and coronavirus are exposing fissures in the Nordic collaboration. This episode looks at Nordic co-operation's future, areas for strengthening co-operation, and changes in Nordic co-operation. In addition, this episode will answer why there has never been a proper Nordic Union – a northern version of the EU.
Tune into The Foreign Desk (link below) for new insights from Michael Booth and his brilliant line-up of guests:
- Bertel Haarder, former government minister and President of the Nordic Council
- Marna Eide, Director of International Programs at FRI - the Norwegian Organisaton for Sexual and Gender Diversity
- Tor Alvik, Subject Director at the Norwegian Digitalization Agency
- Josefin Carlring, Secretary General of the Nordic Association in Sweden
- Johan Strang, Associate Professor at the University of Helsinki
Please note that this podcast is only available in English.