The event is both in person and livestreamed.
Ved Stranden 18
Live from 11.00 am (CET), the 23 of March
At this event, we will look at how the pandemic has affected the Nordic labour markets and discuss what they will look like in the future.
We will get new insight into the scale of unemployment and short-term layoffs. The report will show that within the Nordic Region, the Faroe Islands, Norway and Denmark were the least affected – but which country suffered the greatest impact?
The report will also reveal the effect of the pandemic on the labour market in terms of at-home and remote working, and the potential ramifications of this in the future, particularly with regard to working life and broadband connectivity. We will reveal data on the percentage of the Nordic workforce that is able to work from home. Another important issue is how the pandemic has affected various sectors and groups, e.g. the unemployment rate among young people.
Panel discussion 11:00 - 12:00
The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion at which the speakers will share their reflections on the new insights and discuss their takes on the post-COVID world of work.
- Paula Lehtomäki, Secretary General of the Nordic Council of Ministers
- Kristina Háfoss, Secretary General of the Nordic Council
- Dr Carlos Tapia, Senior Research Fellow, Nordregio
- Flemming Møller Mortensen, Danish Minister for Nordic Co-operation
- Christine Ravn Lund, chair, Danish Youth Council
- Peter Halkjær, Labor market manager, The Danish Chamber of Commerce
- Magnus Gissler, General Secretary, Council of Nordic Trade Unions