Ålands Vatten Ab has a new take on long-term, strategic work to support the local agenda on development and sustainability, as well as several of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The water company uses the A-B-C-D method, also known as backcasting, a recognised best practice.
- a sustainable supply of drinking water improves the quality of all our water
- roadmap to a sustainable drinking water supply
- The initiative supports all 17 SDGs, but particularly nos. 3, 6, 12, 14 and 15.
- Any type of company can use the method quite easily
- A documentary about Åland Vatten shows other companies how they could work in a similar way.
- The A-B-C-D method is a new way of including multiple actors in the creation of a joint roadmap towards achieving the vision of cleaner seas.