The Nordic Council of Ministers has announced new funding for projects and partnerships that seek to strengthen the Nordic brand in the global arena and kick-start new discussions based on common Nordic values. We’re looking for creative new projects with significant PR potential to implement our strategy for the international branding and positioning of the Nordic Region. The total budget for this round of applications is DKK 2.5 million.
New digital platform
This is the fourth project funding announcement relating to the branding of the Nordic Region, and interest in Nordic-level co-operation is growing rapidly. Unlike previous announcements, a new website is now available which serves as both a communication platform for the projects, and as a digital toolbox.The announcement of funding for Nordic projects has proved to be a great catalyst for contributions to innovative pan-Nordic co-operation that elevates our shared Nordic values and ideas.
The toolbox offers everything from images, films, facts, stories, and other material to enable the projects to contribute to a shared story about the Nordic Region while creating synergies between the various projects. Tobias Grut, Brand Manager for the Branding Project says:
“The announcement of funding for Nordic projects has proved to be a great catalyst for contributions to innovative pan-Nordic co-operation that elevates our shared Nordic values and ideas. We have high expectations of the applications in this announcement and look forward to being surprised by new collaborative constellations and exciting ideas on how the Nordic Region is branded in the world.”
Two ways to apply for funding
The branding project prioritises applications with a strong Nordic story that can help to bring about change and attract attention. Two types of projects can apply for funding:
- Supportive co-operation: projects that help to set new standards and to brand the Nordic Region and our shared values. The maximum grant amount is DKK 250,000.
- Creative talents: projects that change the perception of how the Nordic Region should be branded. A high level of creativity, with an emphasis on new actors and ideas. The maximum grant amount is DKK 50,000.
Mandatory application criteria:
- Emphasis on Nordic values and strategic focus areas
- A strong Nordic story
- Cross-sectoral co-operation/topics
- Level of co-funding (not applicable to creative talents)
- Documented partners (not applicable to creative talents)
- At least three partners, at least two of which are from different Nordic countries (not applicable to creative talents)
The application deadline is 30 April 2018.
For news and updates follow The Nordics on: