SEC Centre, Hall 4
This event is part of Nordic Talks
To decarbonize by 2050, the maritime sector must be well underway by 2030, with a share of 5% sustainable fuels and 200 deep sea vessels running on sustainable fuels. This event will discuss the main challenges incl. supply of green fuels at scale and enabling policy- and regulatory measures.
Moderator: Katharine Palmer, Climate Champion for Shipping
A collaborative Nordic project
- The HySeas Ferry development programme (Green hydrogen), Martin Smith, University of St. Andrews
Nordic ambitions for green shipping
- Brian Johnson, CEO, UK MCA & Rikke Wetter Olufsen Deputy Director Danish Maritime Authority
Panel debate: What will it take for shipping to decarbonize in line with the Paris Agreement: What is the role of regulation and how do we enable first movers?
Insights from Nordics, provided by:
- Wayne Jones, OBE Executive Board Member and Chief Sales Officer, MAN Energy Solutions,
- Morten Bo Christiansen, VP Head of Decarbonisation, Maersk
- Bernhard Stormhyr, VP for Corporate Sustainability, Yara
- Roel Hoenders, IMO
Summary - what will it take for the industry to decarbonize in line with the Paris agreement?
- Bo Cerup-Simonsen, CEO, MMM Center for Zero Carbon Shipping
- Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping
- University of St. Andrews
- Global Maritime Forum
Online access to all events
No accreditation to COP26? Don’t worry. All events will be streamed by our media partner, We Don’t Have Time. Follow this event live on their COP26 streaming hub: