HELSINKI: The economy - tool or goal?
With the Paris Agreement, the countries of the world have committed themselves to limit global warming to stay well below 2 degrees, preferably at 1.5 degrees. To achieve this, the use of fossil fuels needs to almost cease. What does this mean for the economy? Does the economy need to be a tool instead of the goal? What are we going to measure? In the conversation, the guests discuss the path to a fossil free economy that not only minimizes the damage of its activity but instead contributes to a sustainable world.
- Peter Buchert, Journalist
- Alfons Röblom, Mininster of development Government of Åland
- Ella Turta, The Secretary General at ReGeneration 2030
- Tuuli Hietaniemi, Expert in sustainable solutions at Sitra
- Anna Häger, Ambassador for European Climate Pact and Citizen Engagement Manager at Flexens Oy Ab
Organizer: Ålands landskapsregering-Government of Åland
Online access to all events
Not in Helsinki? Don’t worry. All events will be streamed by our media partner, We Don’t Have Time. Follow this event live on their COP26 streaming hub: