Hungry for change? Join us for lunch talks in Stockholm
Food is connected to all of the SGDs and the interest in Nordic know-how on how citizen-driven actions and policies can catalyse the transformation of food systems is growing. Food is also high on the agenda. Several events will be taking place under the overarching theme of “Taste the transition” during the Nordic Climate Action Weeks in Stockholm, which runs in parallel to the UN Climate negotiations. Not only will you get the chance to discuss climate action with experts, ministers, NGOs and the climate-concerned public, you’ll also experience the virtual backdoor into COP25 in Madrid.
Food as climate action – one meal at a time
The following 10 lunch talks will take place over the course of two weeks. Each session will feature chefs, visionaries and experts for a delicious disruption in food. All the talks will take place at Norrsken House between 12.30-13.30 and will be accompanied by a vegan lunch from Pepstop.
It’s free of charge to join the events, but please note that there are a limited number of seats. In order to secure your spot, you must register to get a ticket. Don’t forget to bringing your confirmation along with you to the event. See you soon!
Sign up and see the detailed schedule on the links below:
2 December: ”Bonde söker bönder” explores the Future of Farming
- Organic farmer Adam Arnesson & Elin Röös, researcher at SLU Sign up here!
3 December: Climate and biodiversity on the plate
- Anna Richert, Expert Sustainable Food, WWF Sweden. Sign up!
4 December: Cities championing a Diet for a Green Planet
- Sara Jervfors, Lead on public meals Södertälje and project manager Matlust Sign up!
5 December: Change the world with a knife and a fork!
- Renée Voltaire, Food visionary and entrepreneur Sign up!
6 December: ReGeneration: youth food and climate activism
- Emil Vincentz, youth activist and founder of Symplistic Sign up!
9 December: What does it mean to innovate from old food traditions?
- Ayhan Aydin, Meal ecologist at Nordisk Matutveckling Sign up!
10 December: What should we eat to stay within planetary boundaries?
- Amanda Wood (PhD), Researcher at Stockholm Resilience Centre Sign up!
11 December: Perspectives on new food consumption and production trends: is the future plant-based, circular and regenerative?
- Anders Wijkman, Opinion leader and author Sign up!
12 December: How to eat good and do good?
- Gustav Johansson, Chef, Jävligt gott (Swedens largest vegan food blog) Sign up!
13 December: The power of taste
- Per Styregård, Author and food journalist Sign up!
Soundbites as starter or dessert
If you can’t participate or if it’s difficult to choose between the many interesting lunch-events, don’t despair! Most of the guests and themes of the lunch talks program will also be covered in a new podcast series in collaboration the Nordic FoodTech podcast hosted by Analisa Winther. Listen in and get ready to start new conversations about food as climate action.
Hosted by Nordic Food Policy Lab, Nordic Council of Ministers