GLASGOW: Building Materials and bioeconomy in the Global Climate Agenda
SEC Centre, Hall 4
The OPN Sustainable Buildings and Construction Programme will launch its Circular Built Environment reports from the Global South in a Side Event organized together with the Nordic Council of Ministers. The importance of building materials will be discussed and action points for collaboration debated.
The panel debates
- The importance of embodied carbon in building materials in climate mitigation
- The challenges of using local materials in emerging economies
- Global opportunities for circularity
- Good case study examples from around the globe
Opening: Krista Mikkonen, Minister of the Environment, Finland
Keynote: Matti Kuittinen, Senior Advisor, Ministry of the Environment, Finland
Moderator: Mark Isitt
- Victoria Burrows, World Green Building Council.
- Christina Cheong, Global Green Growth Institute
- Matti Kuittinen, Ministry of the Environment, Finland
Launch of the Circular Built Environment reports from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Organizer: Ministry of the Environment, Finland
Co-organizers: Nordic Council of Ministers
Online access to all events:
No accreditation to COP26? Don’t worry. All events will be streamed by our media partner, We Don’t Have Time. Follow this event live on their COP26 streaming hub: