Join us for a discussion between men on fatherhood, barriers and gender stereotypes that hold dads back from taking more parental leave, where we ask: How can the Nordics run the last and longest mile towards equal parenting?
15.00 - Welcome
- Caroline Rusten, UN Women
- Guðni Th. Jóhannesson, President of Iceland
- Mogens Jensen, Danish Minister for Food, Fisheries, Nordic Cooperation and Equal Opportunities
15.25 - Key findings of State of Nordic Fathers, by MÄN
15.45 - Panel debate moderated by Adam Holm, Father, Journalist, TV and Radio Host
- Guðni Th. Jóhannesson, Father and President of Iceland
Thomas Blomqvist, Father and Minister for Nordic Cooperation and Equality of Finland
- Ché Nembhard, Project Lead on State of Nordic Fathers, Promundo
- Bjarne Corydon, Father, Chief Editor of Børsen
- Silva Eiseb Söderstrand, Father and Electrician
- Pelle Hvenegaard, Father, Actor and Author of Dear Zoe Ukhona
16.40 - Keynote listeners, will play an integral role in reflecting on and summarizing key political and take home messages, including Tommy Ahlers, Danish Member of Parliament
16.50 - Closing words by Paula Lehtomäki, Nordic Council of Ministers
Please note that there is a limited number of seats.
The panel debate is live-streaming and takes place from 15:00 to 17:00, followed by a reception from 17.00 to 18.00. Where: The Lounge Area 9, UN City, Marmorvej 51, 2100 København Ø
Please make sure to bring a photo ID for the registration and security check.
Kindly allow sufficient time for the security check upon arrival.