Citizens as consumers have a profound effect on how we shape society. The daily choices we make and how we design our lives are directly linked to how we use resources and impact ecosystems across the globe. Consumption is the main driver of economic growth while increasing consumption is also the main cause of global challenges we face today.
To reduce consumption's negative climate and environmental impact, we must change how and what we consume. But how do we get there? How can consumption be made more sustainable? What can be done to make it easier for consumers to make climate-smart choices? What is the role of young people as agents of change?
- Ella Turta, Secretary General at ReGeneration 2030
- Kirsi Salonen, Executive Director at Pro Ethical Trade Finland
- Lasse Leipola, Climate policy specialist at Finnwatch
- Violetta Massala, Chairperson at ReGeneration 2030
- Mikael Heiskanen, Communications Specialist at The Nordic Swan Ecolabel
- Isaac Parkes, ReGeneration 2030
Organizer: ReGeneration 2030
Online access to all events
Not in Helsinki? Don’t worry. All events will be streamed by our media partner, We Don’t Have Time. Follow this event live on their COP26 streaming hub: