Meet our high-level panel
- H.E. Espen Barth Eide, Minister of Climate and Environment, Government of Norway and Chair of the Nordic Council of Ministers
- H.E. Josefa Leonel Correia Sacko, AU Commissioner for Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy & Sustainable Environment, African Union
- H.E. Hanna Sarkkinen, Minister of Social Affairs and Health, Government of Finland
Hon. Roselinda Soipan Tuya, Cabinet Secretary for the Environment and Forestry, Kenya
- H.E. Sima Sami Bahous, Executive Director, UN Women
The discussion will be moderated by Chika Oduah, journalist and moderator with Moderate The Panel
Let's accelerate leadership for gender equality in climate action
African countries realised early on that climate and gender equality policies must be closely linked.
Although the Nordic countries are considered to be among the most gender-equal in the world, their national climate policies have, until recently, been gender-blind.
The green transition will cover every part of society, requiring leadership that ensures gender equality in every area, from agriculture to higher education, and from transport to fishery.
Join us live at COP27 in Egypt or online
Will you be at COP27 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt?
- Come to Room 4/Khufu, COP27
Following this event from home?
- Tune in at 13:15 - 14:45 EET