Closed borders and cross-border labour – How do they co-exist?
The event is both in person and livestreamed.
Live from 10.00 am (CET), the 23 of March
The event will begin with a presentation from Anna Lundgren, Senior Research Fellow at Nordregio, one the report’s authors, on the differences across the Region regarding labour mobility during the pandemic. They will also offer insight into how the cross-border regions were affected by the extended period of restrictions and border closures.
The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion at which the speakers will share their reflections on the new insights, take a closer look at how integrated the Nordic labour markets really are, and discuss the steps necessary to become the most integrated Region in the world by 2030.
- Anna Lundgren, Senior Research Fellow, Nordregio.
- Anna Hallberg (S), Minister for Nordic Cooperation
- Anna Lundgren, Senior Research Fellow, Nordregio
- Magnus Ek (C), Member of Parliament, Chair of the Nordic Council Sustainability Committee
- Johan Strang, Associate Professor, Centre for Nordic Studies, University of Helsinki